Verdant Analysis Inc., also known as INVRS ("INVRS", "Company", "We", "US", or "Our") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy.
This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose, and protect the personal information of visitors and users of the INVRS website and mobile application ("you").
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website https://www.invrs.com/ or use our mobile application (our "Platform").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes.
Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person.
This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On the INVRS Platform.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the INVRS Platform.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other Company or third-party website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
- Links or content posted by other users or content creators.
1. Information We Collect About You
We collect and use several types of information from and about you when you visit or register an account to be a user of our Platform. We use this personal information for the business purpose of ensuring a better and more personalized user experience on the Platform.
The type of information we collect includes:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, cookies, user name or other similar identifier, billing and account information, and any other identifier we may use to contact you ("personal information"). "). We may also ask you for your phone number as we sometimes use SMS or Text Verification to ensure your account and personal information is protected and only accessed by you. We provide an opportunity for any user to end their use of and delete their account from INVRS or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes, promotions, and/or contests on an ongoing basis by accessing our Platform, using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our e-mails, or by e-mailing to email@example.com.
- Non-personal information, that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Platform feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Platform interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Platform (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Other information, including background information such as your employment or education, trading information and preferences, and your subscriptions to other users and user generated content (UGC).
2. How We Collect Information About You
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms, setting up your account, or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- Public Posting and User Generated Content. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Platform areas or transmit to other Platform users or third-parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions, as you navigate through our Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- Third-Parties or publicly available sources, for example platforms and services such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and our business partners such as Hubspot and MixPanel.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account to use our Platform, subscribing to our service, posting material and any UGC. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses or username), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Platform.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Platform or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third-parties (collectively, "User Generated Content" or "UGC"). Your UGC are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your UGC. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your UGC.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your access to the Platform, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Platform.
- Information about your computer, laptop, mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the mobile device’s telephone number.
- The mobile application in particular may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, images, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Platform and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third-parties. It helps us to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized user experience, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Platform, including Social Feeds, Group and Creator suggestions, according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Platform. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Platform and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
In addition to helping advertisers reach the right people for their products and services, behavioural advertising helps support our Platform so that you can enjoy free content.
You can opt-out of several third-party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. You can also access these websites to learn more about online behavioural advertising and how to stop websites from placing cookies on your device. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
We do not control these third-parties' tracking technologies or how they are used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For more information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
3. How We use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present the INVRS Platform and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to our Platform or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve our Platform, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on our Platform.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Verdant Analysis Inc.'s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Verdant Analysis Inc. about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers' advertisement to that target audience.
- To third-parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Verdant Analysis Inc., our customers, or others.
5. Transferring Your Personal Information
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Platform improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as Canadian law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country.
By submitting your personal information or engaging with the Platform, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third-parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from INVRS. If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address or contact information used by the INVRS to promote our own or third-parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt out by logging into the Platform and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not control third-parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third-parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of several third-party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously by using an opt-out tool created by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada or an opt-out tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
7. Data Security
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform like message boards, on postings, or in Private or Public Groups, which another Platform visitor or user can view.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.
8. Data Retention
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
9. Children Under the Age of 13
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Platform. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Platform or on or through any of its features, register an account, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Platform, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com. We will not be responsible or held liable for any data deleted or removed of any user found to be under 13 years of age.
10. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Platform and visiting your account profile page.
If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access, and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation.
If you are concerned about our response or would like to correct the information provided, you may contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
If you delete your UGC from the Platform, copies of your UGC may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Platform users.
11. Withdrawing Your Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you withdraw your consent you may lose access to certain aspects of the INVRS platform. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
13. Contact Information and Challenging Compliance
Verdant Analysis Inc.
5700-100 King Street West
Toronto, ON M5X 1C7
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information listed above.